Sunday, November 10, 2013

Season of Thanks

On this crisp November Sunday morning I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks.

Thank you for all of you who have supported and cheered me on over the past months.  When I hit my mile stone of 50 lbs lost I sent out a text to a few of you expressing my shock and disbelief.  Those of you who responded to me weren't shocked but ecstatic! You were so excited to celebrate with me that mile stone.   Reminding me that my hard work was paying off.

As I have finished my first week of training I have found myself looking back on how I was when I first started this journey. I would get so tired after just walking a mile and now I find myself wanting more when I have just finished three miles.  I am so thankful for a body that has adjusted to the changes and is responding so well.  This lifestyle change is just that a change in my lifestyle.  I might have those cravings every once in a while (the other day I wanted a huge diet coke) but I take each of those cravings and think about what it would cost me in the end. Is it really worth it?

I am thankful for my husband who in so many ways expresses his delight in my weight loss.  He is so proud of me!  And I am so thankful for Spritz who just looks at me with a comical expression on his face when I parade/dance our apartment in clothes I haven't been in for so long!

So thank you.  I have passed through some rough times and there will be more but for now I just want to celebrate and say thanks!

Enjoy your journey.

1 comment:

AllyZabba said...

So amazing Jenna! I wish I was actually there with you to cheer you on! I am excited for you. Congrats on all you've accomplished so far. You are inspiring me to be a better me in all areas. Thank you for sharing your story/journey with me.
Jill