Thursday, November 21, 2013

Reevaluation of Giving Thanks

I have always tried to express my love and thanks for those around me through gifts.  What happens though are those gifts tend to turn out to be food.  While on this journey I have found that there needs to be a reevaluation of how express my love and the gifts I give.  Especially if I want to have "Healthy" relationships.

I have found that when I have given gifts whether it was food or something else I have always wanted the receiver to know how I feel for them and the impact they have had on my life. I hope that I have been in some way an impact on someone else's life especially in a positive way.

For so many people today we take advantage of our friends, family and those people we "love" assuming that they know how we feel for them.  We don't say the words that need to be said or take moments that need to be taken. So maybe taking advantage is a bit strong but do the people in your life know how you feel for them? Do they know you appreciate them and the impact they have had in your life?

With Thanksgiving fast approaching and all of the celebrations that come with it.  Families being reunited, traditions being continued and new memories being made. I will continue on this journey reevaluating my expressions of my love and thanks.  Take the time with your family and take a moment to express your love and thanks to the loved ones in your life.

Enjoy the journey.


1 comment:

neonbath said...

Really relate with when you said you hope people feel how much you appreciate them when you give them great food. Gifts in any shape should convey that love.