Saturday, October 26, 2013

These Shoes are made for walking...


Let me first start with I am so thankful for the new job Joey has.  He has set hours and it is so nice to see him so happy again.  With that being said it has been an off week when it came to my working out.  With Joeys early mornings and later nights, I have had challenges getting out to do some long walks.  So I took every advantage of my walks with Spritz.  We would jog as far as I could since we all know at this point Spritz could out last me.  But for all of his morning, afternoon, and evening walks I took each opportunity to get my needed exercise.  

So this morning when my boys were sleeping in I took FULL advantage of that time and headed out on a new walking path.  

As I started out my walk this morning here is was my view.  I love how low the clouds are here.  It reminds me of Africa.



I was determined to find this walking path I have been on before but at it's beginning.  

Isn't the beginning beautiful?!



I walked along the path to its end near an elementary school but I wasn't done walking yet.  So I continued past the school and through a neighborhood that faced Ridge Road. So I found myself at the proverbial fork in the road.  Do I continue down Ridge Road and end up on Stacy or walk all of the way back the way I came? Well this new journey I am on is all about moving forward….  so I proceeded to walk to Stacy Road then down Stacy to the Service road for SH tollroad.

Here is the view of our apartment building this morning from Stacy Rd.  I love the break in the clouds!!







 

When I was all done trudging through the edge of corn fields and totally freaking out my husband when I called him to wave at him from the service road.  I had walked 4.5 miles.  My shoes were muddy, my toes were soaked, and I was cold but I will tell you one thing I could have walked another 4.5 miles.  

Although, I promised my husband for my future walks, that if there isn't a sidewalk I won't walk it. 


For my California readers, what I walked today would be the equivalent of walking along side the 5 freeway right before rush hour.  I know. What was I thinking?! 

No comments: