Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sun Salutations

I love the fall in Texas.  Yes you heard me right love and Texas are in the same sentence.  It reminds me of June gloom in California, when the marine layer is thick like pea soup and you can't wait to throw on your comfy sweatshirt.  So I did just that and on my walk this morning I came across this view.  I was impressed by the waves of motion in the clouds and I was reminded by the wave of motion I have created in myself.   I am thankful to the Lord for this opportunity to improve myself and to stop wasting the talents and gifts he has given me.

When I got home from my walk I decided to do some stretching using the Pocket Yoga app on my iPad.  If you haven't tried it you should.  I love the simplicity of the program, the range of stretching poses and the flexibility in timed sessions.  For those days when you may not be up for working out doing these simple moves with help strengthen your core and soul for when you are ready to head out again.    That little bit of white fluff in the corner of the picture is my little boy Spritz.  He cracks me up every time I catch him stretching on the yoga mat.

Enjoy the journey.

p.s. I am thinking about doing a Half Marathon in March. :-)



1 comment:

AllyZabba said...

Jenna, it is so great to read about your journey. These last several months have been a spiritually refining time for me, so it is so nice to read about your journey as well. I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but know that I am proud of you and the steps you are taking for yourself. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You are brave. Jill
p.s. i think running a half marathon would be incredible! i am a bit biased since i love running, but it is such a fun sport for all, regardless of your pace. =) good luck!!