Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Run Baby Run! Oops.

Happy New Year!



Fun fact the dress I'm wearing in this picture I bought for my honeymoon almost seven years ago. I didn't get a chance to wear it then and then I couldn't fit into it. So on Christmas Eve I had a moment of celebration when I put it on and it looked and fit so good. 

So as the new year started I decided to make a move...

And so now it's official I registered for the Dallas Rock and Roll half marathon yesterday and today I began some serious training.  I've been training before but sort of slacked off on my cardio for all sorts of reasons over the past couple of weeks. After Ice-mageddon hit the dallas area it was a challenge to get out and move in the cold and then I got a cold. So when my folks came into town for the holidays my mom and I went on a nice walk and got my blood flowing again.  

Until my oops. 

I was doing pretty good today up until I realized I had to use the restroom and I was in the middle of no where.  What do you do?  As a walking runner in training I was unsure as what to do. The last thing I need when in the middle of the 1/2 marathon is to have to use the bathroom.   

What would you recommend?
I would love to hear your ideas.

2 comments:

Tina said...

They will have restrooms along the course, I am sure! You wouldn't be the first to need one!

As for practicing, I suggest routes that keep potties nearby! :)

Congratulations on making so many healthy changes!

Catharina said...

There are LOTS of port-a-potties on a Half course. The Rock and Roll I did in Vegas had stops every 2ish miles starting at 1.5 in!

As for training runs: I always planned my runs to have spots with restrooms....a grocery store, past the gym, a park with a public restroom.