Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Three little pigs...

So tonight I decided to cook up a pork tenderloin I had in my fridge.  

I am calling this post Three Little Pigs as a play on how to serve this delicious dish.  The first is the basic recipe that could be build on with just a few additions or tweaks.  Use your best judgement and taste buds.  

Using my trusted Le Creuset pot I melted a little butter just enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.  I trimmed off the silver skin and excess fat lining the top of the loin.  Seasoned it with some salt and pepper, then seared the tenderloin on all it's sides and ends.  Once there was a light crust on the loin I topped it with a bottle of Kraft Honey BBQ sauce and 1 cup of water.  I simmered it on low for 4 hours.  At the end of that I shredded it with a fork and let it continue to simmer for another hour or so.  With all of the slow cooking it was so very tender and tasty.  

So here is the first of the three little pigs.




Here is the second little pig.  A morsel of deliciousness.  Some shredded pork with a bit of cheese on a sweet yeast roll.  A pulled pork slider with cheese.





And finally, the last of the little pigs.  Shredded BBQ pork loin with smashed sour cream potatoes.



As with everything I make, may it bring you happiness, fulfillment and contentment.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Kent & Heidi said...

Wow! looks awesome! on my way over now

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little research on this. And he actually bought me dinner due to the fact that I found it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this subject here on your web page.
My page - ringworms in babies